
So the summer sales are dying down and with the end of summer creeping up slowing that means people are going home. For our last girl's night with all of us here Deanna made us a very delicious dinner, we made home-made icecream (which works your lunch ladies according to Nicky) and talked into the wee hours of the morning. Ok so it was 11 o'clock but hey that is late for some of us. LOL Deanna is leaving today, Sam is leaving next week and Nicki is leaving the week after that. It is sad to know that everyone is leaving and I am staying here in D.C. for another month. It is going to be so boring here. I am going to probably become a hermit crab. Work and home thats where I'll be. LOL
Now here comes the cheesy part........ I hope that we can all keep in touch as time and distance comes between us all. Good luck to you all! Thank you to all my friends out here. You have all made this summer a blast! I am glad that I got to know you all. Thank you for listening to me babble for hours on end, for the movie nights, the birthday celebrations, the movie and Moe's night on Mondays, the endless walks through all of the sites, the bus/metro rides and of course the shopping trips.
Ice Cream in a Bag
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Cup half & half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup salt (the bigger the granules, the better)
Ice cubes
1 pint-size zip-lock bag
1 gallon-size zip-lock bag
Combine the sugar, half & half and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly. Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag. Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (~5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it's done. Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the icecream right out of the bag.
2 comments:
awww.I will miss you too...By the way I want to have the copy of the other stuff that we made last night.puppy chao,did i spell it right?Anyway we'll keep in touch..
Of course I will miss you and you better believe we will hang out oodles in Utah!!!!!
Post a Comment