Friday, August 8, 2008

Well I appologize for slacking on our blog. Life has kept me busy. Lets see what is new...well Ryan broke his tooth last week while chewing on 'nerds'. I never really was a big fan of the whole 1800dentist/1800doctor thing but I felt we could give it a try since we are away from home and currently don't have dental insurance. It actually is a pretty good system that they have set up. But his tooth was a whopping $1800. This summer has been throwing a lot of financial challenges at us but really it is just pulling us together working through these challenges.


I went back 'home' to Wisconsin for my mom's 51st birthday. I had a wonderful time. Except for the flight out there. I took the metro to the Ronald Regan airport. I was not sure with the rush hour how long it would take on the metro so I left at 2 for my flight that was supposed to leave at 5. So here I am sitting in the airport for about an hour when they announce that we have been delayed till 6. No problem right? At about 5:40 they announce that our plane will be arriving in 20 minutes and we need to hurry to board this flight because some of the passengers have very little time to catch their connecting flight. We had a full plane and boarded everyone in like 15 minutes which I thought was dang fast. Then the 'luck' begins...the captain gets on the loud speaker and says that air traffic control has grounded our plane due to bad weather. Having a window seat I was able to see that there were little to no clouds in the sky. We had to sit in a little plane parking spot on the side of the runway. We were told we would be taking off in about a half hour. The half hour passes....We are now grounded for another 45 minutes....still clear blue sky. After the 45 minutes passes we are told another half hour and during that half hour mother nature let her furry go. You know the feeling when you hit turbulence while flying...well we were feeling that on the ground. The wind was so bad it was lifting up the plane and shaking us around like sardines. I am so grateful that we were not flying during this storm. The thing that amazed me the most is that know one was yelling or complaining the whole time we were waiting in our 'parking space'. Everyone was just like 'oh well, there is nothing that we can do'.

So I arrived in Milwaukee 3 hours after my expected time. Here comes the funny part. I got my haircut and dyed to a cute red color and just told my mom that I changed it. Well my mom has pulled up to the pick-up area at the airport looking for me. I was right in front of her car on the phone with her telling her where I was and she didn't even realize it was me. I kept telling her to pull forward so that I can get in the car and she kept saying "I don't see you." I told her what I was wearing and everything...no such luck. Meanwhile the security guards are telling her that she needs to move because she is holding up traffic. So we had to james bond the situation. She pulls forward (finally) and then was like 'oh!' there you are. I had to practically jump in with the car moving so that the security people wouldn't come after her for stopping traffic again. It was halarious..we were laughing half way home.

My mom, cousin Becky aka Beaner and I went out to lunch at a new western style resturant and then did some shopping at Kohl's and Target. We had a ton of fun and found a lot of cute clothes on sale. One of my BFF (Denise aka Dee) works at Kohl's so we were there chit chatting for quite some time. I have not seen here for 3 months because our schedules are so conflicting.



While shopping I saw something that I never thought they would make. They have 50 calorie packs of dog treats for dogs. Are you serious? Who actually counts their dog's calories? I didn't think that anyone would believe me or maybe I was just seeing things so I took a picture.




We went up north to our family cabin that my mom and dad had put a huge addition and have done much rennovation to. We have some rasberry patches on our land and was able to pick about a pint of rasberrys. We played card games, read books and caught up on what is new in our lives. My dad was surprised we still had things to talk about because my mom and I talk almost every day for atleast an hour. My great aunt and uncle live about an hour and a half west of our cabin and were having a rummage sale that weekend. We went to visit them as well and had a little party for my mom for her birthday. It was show and tell with all of my pictures. They have not seen our wedding pictures yet.



My cousin Sarah and her husband Nick just had the first baby on July 29. A handsome baby boy named Christian John. He was 8lbs and 12oz 20inches long.

1 comment:

S.N.D said...

I love the new background...I've been changing mine for hundred times already, but I think I will stick to the one that we have now..makes me wanna blog more...