Monday, December 8, 2008

Well, we are back from our little weekend getaway with the family. It was a lot of fun and much needed for both of us. Since moving out here in September we have not ventured out at all. We went down Saturday afternoon and arrived just in time to go the their Ward Christmas party. Ryan had gone to this ward with his family a few years back. So it was a great little reunion for him. After a delicious dinner the ward had put together a video with pictures from all of their activities for the past year. 
After the party I took some of my nieces to do some Christmas shopping. We don't have a Shade clothing store here in Idaho so that was a definite on the list to visit while we were there. So funny thing is...we thought the mall closed at 9 pm. It is now 8:55 and Shade clothing is on the other side of the mall. I did not want to miss the opportunity to go to one of my favorite stores. So I had Rachael (the youngest) hop on my back and we are full on power walking through the mall trying to get to Shade before the mall closes. We arrive with one minute to spare. I asked the sales associate if I could just look real quick. She said sure no problem. So my quick look was like 15 minutes. I apologized to the worker for keeping her so long past her shift. She said no problem, we are open till 11. I know this was a long way to explain it but I wanted to give you a feel for the whole story. Could you imagine how funny we must have looked. A 10 year old on my back full on power walking it through the store....
Sunday was a great day of both reflection and reverence. Church was wonderful as always. It was weird to adjust to going to adult classes after being a nursery worker for 2 months now. When we went to the marriage class Ryan and I were looking for the playdo and bubbles. However, I feel that the message that was discussed in class was meant for us to here. It was a real eye opener. Ryan and I had reflected a lot and had a long talk about everything. (Please don't worry. Ryan and I are doing fine and are happy. It just made us realize some things that were right in front of our faces but didn't see.)
It was a beautiful ride home. One thing I have never figured out though. Time and the drive always seem to go by faster on the drive home vs. going to the destination. We have not seen any snow here in Idaho until today. As we drove the 3 hours home it was lightly snowing. The mountains are just so beautiful and majestic. The snow just helped to emphasize it. Unfortunately my camera has been acting up lately so I couldn't take any pictures of the majestic being. This is also why there are not pictures posted of our Christmas decorations and our life. I will try to get this fixed soon so that this blog doesn't get too boring. 

3 comments:

S.N.D said...

aww.."let it snow let it snow let it snow",you probably had a wonderful time on your way home with the falling snow on the scenery..I am glad you had tons of fun...
I am too late for my christmas shopping..Maybe after this week when it's not crazy with school work..

Anonymous said...

Right now Shade Clothing is having a free shipping sale! PLUS use PS Coupon Code 155 for 10% off!

Ryan & Jessica said...

Good luck with the Christmas shopping. The store just get crazier as it gets holiday approaches.