
Banana Bran Muffins
The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook
1/2 C low-fat sour cream
1/2 C mashed ripe bananas
1/2 C fat-free milk
1/3 C sugar
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/2 C morsels of bran cereal
3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C oat bran
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
Combine sour cream, banana and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add cereal; stir well. Let stand for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups. Combine flour, oat bran, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl, and make a well in center of flour mixture. Add cereal mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 16 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately.
I didn't have any bran cereal so I adjusted the recipe a little bit. I used one cup of flour total and one cup of oat bran total to replace the cereal. I also added 1/4 C of wheat germ (for some extra fiber and nutrients) and sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon and sugar on top of the muffins before I baked them. They turned out very well. These definitely beat the usual frown towards bran muffins. If you try these out...let me know what you think :)
No comments:
Post a Comment