Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Belated Christmas Present

A wonderful sister in our ward, Kathy, came around just before Christmas asking if anyone wanted to make a study journal. Since I couldn't narrow down the list of things to get him, I thought, sure that would make a great gift. Well I just finished the project/gift today. Way belated gift. I know. Time just seems to run away from me these days. Anyways, I think they turned out cute. What do you think? 
                    
There are four inserts (1) Preach My Gospel (2) Church Notes (3) General Conference (4) Other. Now maybe our notes can stay a little more organized and easier to reference. 

Speaking of Conference. Can I just say that I am totally excited and can not wait for it to come. It is such an uplifting time spiritually. Woohoo! Conference notes in new journal. Excitement! (I am such a nerd)

We also went to the LDS cannery today and worked a couple of hours in the dry pack area. It is so much fun. I have also signed up to work 5 more sessions over the next month in the wet pack area. We are going to be canning jams, honey, tomato soup and potatoes (hopefully this time I won't get a blister. OUCH!)

2 comments:

Matt, Kathy, and Ethan Matthew said...

Jess, those turned out so nice! You are so crafty with all that stuff! I hope you are doing well, and I miss you!

Julaine said...

I love it! that is such a great idea.