Sunday, March 29, 2009

Book Review

I have finally finished The Magician's Nephew (the first book in The Chronicles of Narnia series). I just love these books! I love how descriptive C.S. Lewis is in his writing. I felt as if I was in Narnia with the children going through all of their toils and troubles with them. This book explains how the evil witch and how Narnia came about. It explains some of the rules of Narnia as well as the magic that falls within the wardrobe in the future books. 
I wish that when they made the film, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe they would have included some of the aspects of the first book. I am able to understand more things about the movie now after reading The Magician's Nephew. I hope that as they continue these films that they add some of these small but important aspects of the books. 
If you have not read any of this wonderful series I HIGHLY recommend that you do. If you have then please add it to your list of books to read and re-read them. Allow yourself to be swept up within the magical world known as Narnia. 

No comments: