Saturday, June 6, 2009

Today Jenny, her 3 beautiful daughters and I went to a few rummage sales and then to the local Farmer's Market. I have never been there before and I absolutely loved it. Even though it has been raining all day long everyone was still so upbeat and friendly. 
Some of my scores from the day include: a medium cast iron pan ($4), a pound of tomatoes, 1/2 pound of button top mushrooms, fresh spearmint leaves, dried basal, 2 pounds of dried banana chips (great for the chocolate chip with banana chips cookie recipe listed in a previous blog) and this awesome red sack to put my potatoes in. For the life of me I can not keep potatoes. They always go rotten before we eat them all. Hopefully this will help me with my green thumb ;)
Baby update: I have been feeling amazing lately. I have not had any more nausea for the past week. I just feel bloated and my clothes are feeling a little snug (just a little). Yeah! lol Speaking of clothes. I scored huge at Kohl's today in maternity clothes. I bought 2 maternity shirts for $11 and both shirts were actually $35 each originally. 
The thought that we are bringing a life into this world still amazes me. The second I found out that I was pregnant my whole outlook on life has changed. I have become so protective of myself. All of the crazy things that I have always wanted to do in my life when it was just me I don't want to do any more. We are going home next week to see my family. My mom wants me to go 4 wheeling. I don't want to even take the risk. What if something happens to me that would cause me to lose my baby. Risk taker no more. Am I being too crazy protective? I am in the first trimester and I know that you are at a higher risk of losing the baby until you reach 12 weeks then the risk significantly drops. I don't think that I am being too protective. I just want to do everything right that I possibly can for my little one. What is wrong with that? 

2 comments:

Julaine said...

I understand your protectiveness that you are feeling. I felt it more once Addison was born. I think you'll be okay to go 4 wheeling, two days after I found out that I was pregnant I went to great america even though the rides have a warning for pregnant women. The trip and tickets were already bought so how could I pass it up. But if you don't feel safe going 4 wheeling, you can always hold and watch Addison while I take your place!! Have fun.

Matt, Kathy, and Ethan Matthew said...

Hey Hun!
It was nice texting you tonight. Wish we could talk more often.

No I don't think that you are being too protective or worried. You are getting those motherly instincts and the protectiveness that you need. If you don't feel comfortable with something while you are pregnant because you are worried, just don't do it. Trust yourselve. Just think of it this way. Nine months may seem like forever, but it actually flys by! Look at me I am the mother to a 3 year old!