So I started working at Pier One about a week ago and it is so hard to not purchase something for our apartment or our house (when we buy one) while I am there. There is so much cute stuff. I am getting some great ideas for decorating from the customers and some great ideas of my own.It feels more like I am out doing a hobby than working. Who could as for more?
Busy, busy, busy... I am creating some fun home-made "we have moved" cards to send out to family and friends with our new address on it. I have 5 done and about 35 more to go. This is going to be a task. At the rate that I am going it looks like I will finish just in time to start making home-made christmas cards. The creativity never ends :)
I tried a new recipe the other day for peanut butter bars out of The Mormon Cookbook. The turned out great. They taste exactly like peanut butter cups. These are perfect for those certain times of the month. (You know what I mean ladies ;)
Peanut Butter Bars
12 whole graham crackers, crushed
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 (12oz) package chocolate chips
Combine graham cracker crumbs, margarine or butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Pat firmly into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 20-second intervals until smooth when stirred. Frost mixture with melted chocolate. Refrigerate. When chilled, cut into small squares. ENJOY!
P.S. I have not tried this yet but you may want to try it with only 3 cups of powdered sugar and see how it turns out and if that is still too much decrease until you find a mixture you like. Leave out of refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes before you start to cut them. It is tough getting through the mound of chocolate on top.
1 comment:
new recipies again..awesome...and you work at pier 1 oh my gosh I bet you totally love it there...and by the way thanks for new post...don't you know that I am your number blog stalker.lol
Post a Comment