We have been making our emergency/food storage kits. We found the local cannery and tried to put some hours in today without success. But hopefully this coming week we will be able to make some fresh chicken noodle soup for us. We also found a emergency preparedness store about a block away from the temple that has all of the #10 cans we need. I am grateful to have our beloved prophet for guidance through these tough financial times.
I have been doing so much baking lately I feel like suzy homemaker. My mother told me yesterday that I am becoming just like her. I have been going nuts will all of my recipes. I am attempting to organize all of them in categories and then make a meal planner for about 4 weeks. I have to keep Ryan in mind when I make the meal planner though. He is so wonderful. He makes dinner for us every wednesday. Even though his skills involve mostly scrabbled eggs and toast he is getting much better. We have been doing a lot of the cooking together. I am enjoying all of the time we are able to have together after a long summer apart.
Good News Everyone!!! Ryan has just been offered a job!! Woohoo!!! It has been a long month struggle to find a job out here but he has just received a call to start working at Toys R Us. He is so excited just like a little kid in the toy store. (pun intended)
So apparently when I posted about no longer neglecting our car Charlie we apparently didn't give him enough love. We went out to our car yesterday afternoon to run some errands. Low and behold we had a flat tire with a huge crack in it. What we didn't know is that when they installed our new/used tires in D.C. they put on our lock nuts with an impact driver. Huge NO NO! We had to put our butt into it to get those darn things off. We were able to get 4 out of the 5 off with little to moderate trouble but that last one worked us to the bone. After a faithful prayer, a lot of elbow grease and 2 hours of labor we finally got the bolt off and were able to go to Wal-mart to get new tires. Good bye to $655. I think we have finally learned our lesson. Please learn from us... Do not neglect your cars.
No comments:
Post a Comment