A really great friend of mine, Erica, is showing me how to make a ton of homemade items such as butter, toothpaste, kombucha (I really don't know how to spell it, sorry) ect. I have a lot of things to look forward to for the summer. We are all planning on doing a lot of camping, hiking, exploring some local caves, going to my first rodeo ( I know cheese, but I am still very excited! I am going to wear the whole getup as well. LOL Look forward to the pictures), fishing and maybe some horseback riding. We are also going to plant a HUGE garden, we are talking about an acre here people, with 4 other families. I am going to learn how to can my veggies as well this summer.
Nothing else new. Looking forward to the spring time when I can open up all the windows in our apartment and let in the fresh breeze without freezing my butt off. I am reading this book "Does this clutter make my butt look fat." I am really starting to see all of the extra junk aka clutter that I have accumulated over the years. I want to have a huge garage sale as soon as it gets nice out and get rid of all of the extra clutter. I recommend the book. The guy is kind of funny. He was one of the organizational designers on TLC's Clean House. It did help me to realize all of the extra stuff that I have around here that I don't need or use. I mean there are at least 15 boxes in the garage with stuff in it that I have not used since we moved here to the lovely state of Idaho. Obviously this is clutter.
I am also trying to go green. Not that I haven't been trying. I am been a greeny since I was little. Ok I know this may sound lame but my cousin and I would pick up garbage on the side of the road on saturdays. I am also not trying to follow the trend of being green. I am doing this because I want to and have always taken an interest in it. I have read a great book called "The Green Generation" It is a teenagers guide for being green. Out of the 4 or 5 books I have read so far on how to be more green this book was actually the most helpful and most eye opening. I am telling you this because there maybe a new section added to our sidebar with links to green websites and I may start posting some green info on here as well. I am not expecting everyone to follow my being green but hope that it may opening your eyes a little bit on the huge impact we are making on our beautiful planet.
2 comments:
Your plans are plenty exciting to hear about!! Sounds like your summer is going to be so fun. I didn't know you lived on a farm. That's a whole lot of planting and growing you'll be doing. jasons dad is really into gardening and canning his stuff. It's yummy! And will come in handy for building food storage.
no sorry hunny we do not live on a farm. We are going to be planting our garden on Erica's dad's land. He have a couple of acres. I am looking forward to learning so much this summer. I am grateful for both Erica and her dad for their generosity.
Post a Comment