I HAVE BEEN PROMOTED TO MANAGER AT PIER ONE!!!!
I am so dang excited I felt it needed to be put in caps. I am learning how to open the store this week in addition to my regular hours and will be learning how to close the store next week. There is so much paperwork and testing involved that I didn't know of but I know that the hard work will pay off. I am hoping that this will help me to refine my skills so that I will know how to be an excellent manager/business owner when I open up my own bakery/bed & breakfast. This is in the far future of course. I need to save up for my dreams. I know one day it will happen.
Today has been so wonderful. I feel like I have gotten so much done but yet feel like I did nothing. Have you ever had one of those days? I rearranged our entire bedroom (only 1 dresser stayed in place otherwise everything else moved), organized our front closet, baked 2 loaves of homemade banana bread, a dozen and a half banana bran muffins, read a book, baked and frosted some cookies and organized our finances. However I didn't get a chance to catch up on the laundry and clean the whole house which is what I had planned for the day. Oh well...looks like my saturday morning is full already catching up on what I didn't do today. LOL I know "a woman's work is never done"
After rearranging the bedroom though I definitely feel a change in the room. A positive one I must say. It feels like the "chi" is better now. There is more room and a better flow. Even though I didn't get all of the things done that I wanted to...just getting the bedroom the way it is was worth it :)

I am starting the "Biggest Loser" plan this week. I have been doing pretty good on watching what I eat, portion size and excersizing. So far I have lost 8 pounds this year. I am going to keep posting my progress as not to say look at me, look what I did but I think it will help me to be more successful because I know people are reading this blog and it makes me feel accountable for doing the work. I know you guys want me to succeed so wish me luck. I will be posting each week on my progress.
2 comments:
I miss living near you girl.I miss our talks baking,shopping and all that. I am so proud of you manager.does that mean that I get to have a big discount once I visit you and buy stuff from your store?
I miss you too. When are you guys moving inland? Soon I hope. I want to get back to the good ole times....baking, shopping and all that. LOL Yes we could work something out at Pier One ;)
Post a Comment